Week 9

The original Ghost in the Shell is iconic anime, and a rich ...
Cyberpunk



I watched the movie adaptation of ghost in the shell. I'm really glad I didn't watch the Scarlet Johansson version, even though some of the CG looked good. There's a whole discussion on white washing and western movie adaptations of anime but that's for another day.

I will agree with Fransis's journal relating to this: It was nice that the western movie adaptation worked in a bunch of shots from the original anime and manga. For that, I'll put the live action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell above the live action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

But back to the movie. I hope I'm not a simpleton when I say that some of the plot in the movie went a little over my head, and I got lost at some parts. The animation was unique and I always like when movies have different ways of portraying people, movement, and "vibes". I loved "Do Robots Dream Of Electric Sheep" and I'm always up for a robot dystopia. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12

Week 6

Week 4 Ghibli