Week 12

To be a bully.
For this week I read "A Silent Voice".
I really liked this piece because it did a good job exploring the mind of a childhood bully. I think all to often people will just assume bullies are cruel just to be cruel. But in reality they're hurting on the inside and they decide to take out their frustration on people weaker than them. I've had my fair share of bullies in the past and that usually ended up being the case.
On the one hand I sympathize for ishida because I feel like he get pigeon holed into the role of the misfit and rough boy. Its hard to change your ways when everyone expects you to be nothing more than a roughhousing little brat, especially when you're so young. Even his own teacher expects nothing out of ishida than to be a bully. Which really sucks, people can change ways and to treat them like a villain forever won't do anyone good. Forgive, move on, and heal.
Bullies don't usually stay a bully forever. My childhood bully grew up, she went to college, she's engaged. I actually confronted her a couple years ago admitting how much harm she did. She didn't realise, and she was going through a hard time when all the bullying happened. She apologized and was actually remorseful.
 She changed and I can't hold that resentment for her anymore, what good would that do for either of us.

But seriously bullying anyone, let alone a person with a disability is unforgivable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6

Week 4 Ghibli